I made some garlic bread tonight and they turned out wonderful! I had been experimenting with all the different things I can make with gluten-free bread now that I can make them quite easily. I’ve made croutons so far and they were quite easy and tasty. Garlic bread is pretty similar.
This is what I did.
- When making the gluten-free bread, I didn’t use a bread pan. Instead, I placed the dough on a Silpat in a long, oval shape so it’s like French bread.
- After the bread finished, I put the bread in the refrigerator overnight so that the bread hardens a little and easier to slice.
- The next day, I cut the bread into thin slices.
- Then I used my Omega Juicer to squeeze some garlic juice (removes all the fiber). Last time I tried using just garlic press and the garlic mixture turned green when baking. The garlic taste was also too strong.
- I mixed the garlic juice with some olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- I spread the mixture on top of each slice of bread, then toasted them in the oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
The resulting garlic bread is pretty crunchy and tasty. Makes a great afternoon snack!