I saw this recipe in the The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods book and made it a few times. The sweet potato fritters are easy to make and taste delicious! They taste almost like potato pancake, but sweeter and crispy/crunchy on the outside. The fritters make great appetizers, breakfast foods, or afternoon snack.
5 cups grated sweet potatoes (3-4 potatoes)
6 tablespoons rice flour
2 tablespoons potato starch
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
oil for frying
- Chop about 2 cups of the grated potatoes into smaller pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the flour mix, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and tumble to cover.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir to combine.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan and form 3” patties, using about 1/4 cup of the potato mix each.
- Place as many patties in the pan and brown both sides. Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 6 minutes.