A few weeks ago, I posted a flourless cookies recipe. This is one of my favorite recipes and I make the cookies almost every week. I use Skippy peanut butter and the cookie dough is a bit on the greasy side but the cookies turn out really good. I’ve been experimenting with this recipe to give it a bit more “substance.” Tonight, I tried adding 1 cup of oatmeal to the cookie dough. The dough was slightly on the drier side so I added 1 egg white. You could try adding an entire egg but my husband doesn’t want to have too much egg yolk in his diet so I used only the egg white. This new recipe, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, turned out very good so I’m posting the recipe again with the added variation.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs + 1 egg white
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets or line (ungreased) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, blend the brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and mix to blend.
- Spoon in baking soda and vanilla and mix about 1 minute.
- Pour in chocolate chips and blend by hand.
- Drop cookies 1 heaping teaspoonful at a time on cookie sheets, leaving 1 1/2? between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake 8-11 minutes.