This peanut butter cookies recipe is taken from 125 Best Gluten-Free Recipes.
1 cup soy flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, combine soy flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until set.
I tried baking the cookies just now, except I didn’t have soy flour so I substituted bean flour instead. I also substitute butter with margarine because my husband is lactose intolerant. The cookies turned out okay and he liked them.