I’ve been making gluten-free bread twice a week now that I’ve got all the right ingredients including the sourdough starter (Mr. Googly). With whatever leftover bread, I can make croutons and bread crumbs.
Here’s a recipe for making gluten-free croutons with leftover bread.
4 cups cubed gluten-free bread
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl and add seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Pour seasoned olive oil over the bread cubes and stir to thoroughly to coat bread.
- Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper and spread bread cubes in one, even layer on the pan.
- Bake for about one hour, or until the bread cubes are golden brown and dry. Turn off oven and leave croutons in oven for another 1/2 hour. Cool and eat, or store in an air-tight container.