Here’s a healthy and delicious dessert for today. This apple crisp recipe is from Gluten-Free Baking Classics. I made the apple crisp for the first time today, and it was so easy to make! I used honey instead of sugar and didn’t use any butter. The apple crisp tasted just fine!
1 cup GF flour substitute
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt in small bowl.
- Add egg and stir to mix well. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Place apples in cake pan and sprinkle top with flour mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place cake pan in center of oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is a golden color.
Tip: You can substitute apples with other fruits like pear, peaches, apricots, cherries, etc…